Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Turning Themeframe 'Withdrawal Symptoms' Into something positive......

Old Dec 21, 2009, 08:20 PM
Vidal

11 posts · Oct 2009
London, UK
Turning Themeframe 'Withdrawal Symptoms' Into something positive......

I know that it's not possible to have withdrawal symptoms for something that you haven't actually had yet, but I think that those of you like me who are waiting with anticipation for the TF beta will know what I mean

We're all desperate to get going. To log in and see a message from Flynn with instructions on how to download and access Themeframe. But alas, not yet. Flynn, please don't take this the wrong way, it's not intended to add to the pressure for a release date (although that would of course be great )

What I was wondering was whether there was anything constructive we could do in the meantime to get ready to conduct the beta testing??

Specifically the following questions occurred to me...

1. Flynn, Juggledad, do you have any thoughts on how you would like to receive comments and feedback?

For example, would it be of any help if we (Gold/Diamond members - the beta testers) organised ourselves into some sort of test team?? i.e. some people could volunteer to focus on the look and feel of the user interface, others to focus on specific bits of functional testing (the 'does it work?' bit), others to focus on usability, others to focus on testing integration with Wordpress etc etc.

All, if Flynn wanted to work this way, would there be any interest in / commitment to supporting this approach? The alternative is that we all jump in and test what we happen to use and provide feedback. With this approach there is of course the risk that the whole of the product won't be fully beta tested.

2. How should we provide feedback?
- Via the forum?
- Via PM to Flynn? Juggledad?
- Via a Wiki or other bug tracker like bugzilla?

Flynn, hope this isn't jumping the gun on any plans you may already have but otherwise, any thoughts anyone?

Personally I'm happy to help. Anything to apply a Themeframe/Nicotine patch while we're waiting.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 10:20 PM
rove

85 posts · Jun 2009
Phoenix, Oregon
Quote:
Anything to apply a Themeframe/Nicotine patch while we're waiting.
Send patches right away!!!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 05:37 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Vidal, great ideas!

I'd volunteer, of course. Since I'm deep into setting up a Wordpress MU site, I could see how/if Themeframe can help in tweaking or creating a new MU theme. There are two sorts of MU themes, actually:
  1. The main blog theme containing signup info and "best-of" posts from the member blogs
  2. Themes made available to members, which should have an easy way to upload a custom header image and many ways to customize colors, fonts, etc.

I don't envision making Themeframe itself available to users. I see myself creating themes for them, either made to order or with many options so they can get the look they want. At first, all of this will be free, but I could imagine in the future, if this thing takes off, charging a fee to do the creation of a new theme, and giving work to a couple of graphic designers to come up with new header images.

Of course, I'll test anything Flynn suggests, too.

Can't wait! What a nice way to end 2009 or start 2010!