Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Blog Title twice? Once above header, once overlayed, just want overlay

Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:50 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
When I choose to Overlay the Blog Title and Tagline onto the header image, it works and does that, but the original Title/Tagline is still there too, floating above the Header. Don't need 2 of 'em, how to eliminate the one above once Overlay us chosen? Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2010, 06:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there are two places in teh options you can get the blog title
ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title?
and
ATO->Header Image->Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s)?

take your pick
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:09 AM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks, Juggledad. Whomever is creating/updating Atahualpa, that should be made clearer. The way it's set up now, you would think you have to leave Show Blog Title ON in the HEADER page, in order to even have it available to Overlay in HEADER IMAGE page, right Common sense says, "Well I've got to leave it on, if I disable the Blog title, there won't be anything to overlay." So ideally those two choices should be together on the same page, with wording that let's the user know he can still see the Title as a header overlay even if he deselects Show Blog Title.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hmmm, just looking at this again I agree it's misleading. The first instance is showing the Blog Title in the LOGO area, so if you don't use %logo, it will never show up. What do you think if the lable at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title? was changed to 'Show Blog Title (in the logo area)?

Would that be clearer?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:34 PM
rhythm

32 posts · Jan 2010
That could work. If it were me, I'd have the %logo apply only to having the logo on or off, and not linked to the Blog Title/Tagline at all. Because many people may want to turn off the 3-colored boxes logo, it's cute but it just doesn't fit for many niches...but almost everyone wants the Blog Title/Tagline present. So I would make the Blog Title/Tagline a completely separate feature, and simply have 4 choices - on/off, above the header image, below the header image, or overlayed on top of the header image, with the last overlayed choice having a code box that allows you to properly position it on the image with padding & margin attributes.

I'm unclear based on your reply, are you the theme's creator? If so, I want to thank you tremendously, I use this theme more than any other due to it's flexibility. For my eBay/Amazon affiliate sites, I'm working towards creating a look very similar to Amazon.com, and so far Atahualpa seems to give me the best chance at imitating that. I also like creating my own cool headers to replace the ones Ata comes with. You can see an Ata site like this that I just did this morning at:

http://hanesl.com

BTW, if you go there you'll notice I tried to assign a turquoise color to the sidebar text links, in the Widgets Tab. For some reason it only worked on the few lines of text under Laura Hanes For Women, but I could not get it to apply to the text under Recent Posts or Our Favorites, what an I doing wrong?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 01:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Thanks for your input, no I'm not the developer, but I'm working with him. The developer is Flynn and he's currently working on a new product 'ThemeFrame'.

FYI you can change the logo to any image you want, just put your image in the images folder and then point to it in the options.

as for the sidebar issue. If every widget developer coded to the same standards, it would be easy to set up the styling with one setting, but how likely is that? So you have to use the CSS Inseerts to do the styling for some widgets

You will have to look at the generated code and find the html for the widget involved and then code your CSS selector and rules for it.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 6, 2010 at 01:28 PM.