Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Modying comment author display

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 13, 2010, 09:44 AM
markelshark

11 posts · Nov 2009
Modying comment author display

Out of the box when a *logged-in* user types a comment on a Atahualpa blog it displays their nickname (which might be the same thing as their first name? not sure) next to their comment.

So for me, for example, my nickname is "Mark" and my username is "piphut". When I post a comment it takes the form of:

Mark: this is my comment.

What I would like to do is add the username next to the nickname, in parenthesis, next to an '@' symbol. The username would not link to anything, just be text. So the above comment would now look like:

Mark (@piphut): this is my comment.

Any suggestions?

P.S. for anyone interested this is because I recently integrated Buddypress with atahualpa and using the @username function works just like a twitter mention. @nickname does nothing.