Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

builtin settings in wordpress

Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:01 AM
kletskater

93 posts · Jun 2010
I'm going to integrate a child theme in my wordpress blog using Montezuma theme
I have read that there are more layout settings are built in wordpress in the future.
Does this mean that there is less layout setting set in themes and child themes or remains unchanged in the future?
Are settings in (child) themes superfluous / rewritten?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not having read the article or knowing what it was, you would have to pose this question to the author of what ever you read and/or you could post it over on wordpress.org
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:52 PM
kletskater

93 posts · Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
not having read the article or knowing what it was, you would have to pose this question to the author of what ever you read and/or you could post it over on wordpress.org
it's about this artcle
Old Apr 28, 2015, 02:18 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Is there a particular reason why you are creating a child theme? The use of the virtual templates & CSS files generally eliminates the need to create one.

The article you linked to described a requirement for theme developers to move their option settings under the Customizer. I'm not sure how that is going to affect Montezuma, but that doesn't necessarily mean more or less options are going to be available. Whatever options are currently available for a theme will be moved to one common place. It will be up to each theme developer to add the options that they want displayed for their particular theme.