Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

eCommerce and Atahualpa

Old Feb 14, 2010, 08:30 AM
kal

149 posts · May 2009
Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper240
Looking for a ecommerce plugin that will allow me to keep track of quantities of items left.

Generally speaking product is a service, that would occur on number of different days during the month. On each specific day there are only 20 seats available.

Is there a shoping cart that has a calendar and then can dynamically keep track of seats purchased for a specific day?

Thanks,

Paul
I am using eShop plugin on the eCommerce site I manage. You can get the plugin here: http://quirm.net/

If you want to see how it's integrated, here is the site I manage: http://www.tigercal.com
Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:27 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper240
...<snip>...
Generally speaking product is a service, that would occur on number of different days during the month. On each specific day there are only 20 seats available.

Is there a shoping cart that has a calendar and then can dynamically keep track of seats purchased for a specific day?
...<snip>...
Hey Paul/sweeper240: I don't have a specific suggestion. But, I thought I'd mention that any "e-cart" that tracked "remaining inventory" could handle what you're trying to do. You'd just set up every "business day" as a "product" with an initial inventory count of "20 seats."

It'd be a little kludgy in that the calendar "feature" would not be automatic -- you'd be constantly adding new dates for the future and removing past dates. You would have a tight control on which dates were made available -- while an automatic calendar might start selling seats on future dates on which you'd maybe hoped to take a day or two off.

Jim
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:06 PM
SupraTT

78 posts · May 2009
Has anyone got Magento to look/feel lke Atahualpa?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 02:21 PM
aQuickStudy

43 posts · Mar 2010
I'm using Ecwid for e-commerce on http://www.aquickstudydesign.com. It took a LOT of CSS work (in Ecwid's control pages) to get it to match my site, but I like how it functions a lot.
Old May 9, 2010, 01:11 AM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
I use this shopping cart for wordpress. It's called Estore.

http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/word...-securely-1059

Here is the site I use it on:

http://www.bettersmarterricher.com/book/

My client only has two products here but the plugin is a fully functional store. I have had no problems with it. It also synchs with an affiliate program plugin. Here is my clients' affiliate page that uses the plugin:

http://www.bettersmarterricher.com/w...rm/affiliates/

I have had no problems with either of these. They work great.

Emanuel
Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:34 PM
gaidin

21 posts · May 2010
I have been through many standalone Ecommerce option for a startup mobile phone site:
  1. Cubecart
    • comes in a free(open source) and paid version
    • has many skins and add-ons available
    • most add-ons require code hack, which means must be re-done after every version update
    • no canada post shipping module
  2. ZenCart
    • open source
    • very modular and flexible
    • difficult to master, messy admin panel (need to organize all the settings in a simple view)
    • limited and usually boring and ugly themes/skins

3. Opencart
    • open source
    • clean look
    • very simple and organized admin panel
    • modular; allow addons usually without any major core code modification
    • a nice default theme/skin
    • has most functions need right out the box
    • limited themes/skins available and most are just copies of the default
    • very simple to use

All of the above has a forum and very good support

I have settled on Opencart after 2yrs of messing with each on and off

Which brings me to Wordpress and Atahuapa. The weakness of Opencart is its lack of themes/skins and an integreated forum/BB/blog.

I have been thinking that pairing Opencart and Wordpress would be ideal, and doing so by:

installing both side by side

creating shortcodes to access the functions of opencart

use said shortcodes in widgets and post areas to create the required layout

match that with a themes like Atahualpa which is flexible and easily modified and you could create an ecommerce site with any look you wanted and the power of a full Ecommerce option. Wordpress providing the 'look and feel' and blog functions while Opencart does what it does best, Ecommerce.

would need to integrate/co-write the registered user/customer list to both opencart and wordpress user table

I have little or no php background. I have looked at whats involved in creating wordpress shortcodes and it seem simple to convert the opencart existing functions to shortcode

Anyone willing to take up the challange?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:07 PM
rickheck

139 posts · Oct 2009
I've looked at all of those. Didn't think that OpenCart had the admin features I needed, plus modifying the look/feel was difficult. And I wasn't impressed with the on-line stores.

So decided on ZenCart. If you know CSS, you can change the look of the page quite easily.

Since I am not integrating WP with the ecommerce store, it has all the features I need. Not sure that WP/ecommerce integration is necessary. The site I am working on is blog-based WordPress, using Atahualpa theme, of course, but the store area is separate. A link on the main WP page goes to the ZenCart-based store area.

I've also worked with OSCommerce. Old, not current, very table-oriented (rather than CSS styled), very hard to add-in modules (and lots of times add-in modules don't work well together).

The ZenCart store is not live yet, so can't provide the link. But it will be easy to work with, modify the look, and manage the store.

Just one web dude's opinion....Rick..
Old Jun 9, 2010, 12:19 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
I've looked at this eCommerce within Wordpress problem for several years now and spent many hours (and a few dollars) trying most of the available plugin solutions, as well as the major standalone eCommerce systems. Conclusion? The jury is still out... One I'm looking at closely now, that I actually first heard of in a comment made about it by none other than Flynn, here in this forum, is :

Prestashop

1. open source
  2. clean, modular coding
  3. relatively easy to extend, free and fee extra modules available
  4. very rich feature set (including multi-lingual, multi-currency options)
  5. large variety of free or fee templates (including a few for making it easier to add WP)
  6. relatively easy to modify and style templates, active forums and support

As with most eCommerce packages, the Prestashop authors (who, by the way, are based in France) assume that Prestashop will be the 'outer shell' application, and any CMS or blogging features will be embedded. Like many others, I want to start with a full fledged WP site and add an online sales function within it. I've just about given up on this objective and am now looking to link store pages from a WP site, making it as seamless as possible to navigate between them and minimize any glaring shifts in format. I've seen a few examples where this has been done, with custom templates used by both systems - I assume with considerable effort.

I'm hoping that the flexibility of Atahualpa will make adjustments to the WP side much easier. I'm leery of modifications to core files in any major components of a site, because of the nightmare of tracking and maintaining those changes across inevitable and often necessary upgrades, but I'm open to any good ideas and willing to help any efforts to integrate eCommerce into a WP site - for sure doing beta testing, documentation, and perhaps getting involved in coding.

Jack