Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Reducing disk space usage and images disappear. Woops!

Old Jan 9, 2011, 12:01 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Reducing disk space usage and images disappear. Woops!

I am the webmaster for a popular local blog that is up in the orange of its disk space usage. I thought a way to minimize the usage would be to remove all links from images in the blog and manually remove all the other versions of the images that Wordpress creates automatically.

When I did it, I checked each post, and the photo was there. When I check the post from the drop-own archive widget on the sidebar, there are no photos. Is that the way it is supposed to work?? Do the widgets leave out images?

thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 07:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and Wordpress?
What is the url?
What widget ?
Old Jan 9, 2011, 08:36 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Hi Juggledad.

Atahualpa 3.4.9
Wordpress 3.0.4
url www.richardhughes.ca

Archives widget that comes with wordpress.

On another topic, I still have not managed to resolve the problem for my customers who use atahualpa and have lightbox plus installed. They are unable to upload photos, it hangs at 60%. I have no problem however. It was suggested that they reinstall flash as per this blog post
http://www.lancelhoff.com/io-error-u...ress/#more-663
But still no luck. In fact it crashed Firefox and Chrome. I am at my wits end and want to know if you or someone you can recommend can resolve this for me for pay. My customers, while patient, are becoming annoyed as I have been trying to fix it for them for a month now.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did the archives show the images before you'd changes?

Why not just buy more web space if you have used so much?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:54 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Good morning, Juggledad,

re: purchasing more space

Well, he is pushing 100 MB. I was able to drop it down 5MB just by going to 25 of his posts and manually deleting the versions of the photos that are autogenerated by Wordpress when you upload a photo. Thumbnail, small, medium, large, etc.

I don't suppose there is a way to turn that off, if he sizes his images exactly and does not link to the larger image?

Your advice is always helpful, by the way. Hoping you can recommend a person to help with the request above. If not, I understand.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:55 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
And as for the widgets showing the photos before, I never checked! Sorry.