Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to add Search Box to Atahualpa Bar1?

Old Dec 8, 2011, 05:42 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
I want put the search box in the atahualpa bar1. I tried the solution proposed in a post of 19 April 20011by adding
<?php get_search_form();?> in Configure Header Area + css
.searchform {
left: 390px;
bottom: 32px;
position: relative;
width: 180px;
height: 0px;
} in css insert
it only works if I put the widget in one of the sidebars!
I have two boxes for research: in a sidebar and the other in the menu1. What can be the solution?
I just want a search box in the bar1

thanks

wp :3.2.1
atahualpa : 3.7.3
url: www.tamoudre.org
but I did the tests in localhost
Old Dec 8, 2011, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do you mean you want to put a search in the pages MENU bar? (there is a %bar1 option, but it doesn't look like you are using it)

you can no longer put PHP code in the theme options (except for the new widget code) due to WordPress requirements. One way to do this would be to add a new widget area to the header configuration, put a text widget in it, install the 'exec php' plugin then add the php statement to it and use css to position it in the menubar.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 09:56 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
I want to put a search in the pages MENU bar. but I don't see a %bar1 option that would put this search box ?
In style & edit header area, "Show search box" = yes.but the search box is not visible
I took your proposal with the widget area. it works very well.
My only problem is to change the image or the color of the box without changing the search boxes comments because my knowledge of css is still low even if they are progressing!

thanks very much

wp :3.2.1
atahualpa : 3.7.3
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
menu vrs bar1 - I was just trying to determine which you were talking about. %bar1 and %bar2 are just areas you can style in the header - nothing to do with the search box
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What I usually do is use the Atahualpa search box, style it, and position with CSS.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 02:17 AM
bdups

12 posts · Nov 2011
For my information, does that mean it that I could have put the search box in bar menu only with css without going through the creation of a widget area?

thank you for helping me

wp:3.2.1
ATA:3.7.3
Old Dec 9, 2011, 03:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You could do it that way, but you would have to use the %logo option in the 'Configure Header Area' option and set 'Show search box?' to 'yes' - but if you don't want to use the logo area this causes an issue