Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Contact info on right side of Header

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 22, 2013, 07:59 AM
mikula25

13 posts · Nov 2013
Contact info on right side of Header

So I've used some of the tips mentioned here on how to add contact info on the right side of the header, all helpful so far, thanks. However I was wondering if there was another solution besides using the absolute positioning method.

Here is what I used in the ATO>Header:

<div class="contact1"> Skype:AdventuretoAfrica </div>

Then this is my CSS:

.contact1 {height: 15px;
position: absolute;
margin-top: 5px;
margin-left: 830px;
font-size: 12px;
background: #BDBDBD;
padding-right:2px;
font-family:Verdana, Times, serif;
}

The issue is that when you reduce the width of the browser, the text floats outside of the header width, which I guess makes sense given the absolute definer. My main concern is that the text floats outside of the header when you view the website on an iPhone. Is this avoidable? Do I need to reduce the width of my header? Or is there another way to position the text on the right side of the page; I've tried margin-right: 0px, but that doesnt work for some reason. Thanks.

My website is tommikula.net.