Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Hide center column on one page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:27 PM
shallowmeya

4 posts · Apr 2012
Hide center column on one page

Hi there,
I made a new static page to use as the front page, and I want to hide the center column (the one that contains all the posts) only on that page. I already set up a different page as the posts page, so the content of the center column isn't showing up on the front page. However, the box/container for the center column is still there and it's displacing my sidebars.

I temporarily added CSS to hide the center column -- I used display: none; -- which worked for my front page, but now the center column disappeared from every page!

I feel comfortable enough getting into the theme files and editing them manually, but I'm just not sure where to go to specify that I only want the center column hidden on the front page.

Here's the site: elizabethpovinelli.com

As you can see, if you click on "blog" there is nothing there...

Thanks in advance for your help!