Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category menu drop-down not working on one site

Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:55 AM
dsegel

4 posts · Jun 2009
I have two sites, and the Category Menu drop-down function doesn't work on one of them. I know in the past you've said this was probably a php problem, but I really can't figure out what's causing it and was hoping somebody else could take a look and give an opinion. Both sites are run on the same server with all the same settings.

Drop-down doesn't work on: http://digitalageparenting.com

Drop-down does work on: http://www.raisedbygnomes.com

Thanks,

Daniel
Old Jun 23, 2009, 11:43 AM
dsegel

4 posts · Jun 2009
I found the problem, but fixing it breaks something else. I had the following css inserts:

Code:
ul {  
zoom: 1; /* hasLayout for IE<= 6 */ 
overflow: auto; /* shrink the list to sit beside floats in compliant browsers */
margin: 0;
padding: 0; /* zero the defaults so only one or other is used per margin request below */
}            
ul li {
list-style-type: disc;
margin-left: 3em; /* must stay, want it */ 
} 
img {
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}   
img.left {
margin-right: 0em;
float: left; 
clear: left;
}
This is designed to fix the problem of bullets next to an image not being properly indented. See here for an example - check the bulleted list next to the second item. If I include my CSS insert code the bullets indent properly, but the drop-down menus break. Any tips on how I can get both to work?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:02 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Limit your CSS to lists inside posts/pages

.post ul {
}
.post ul li {
}
.post img {
}
.post img.left {