Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

HELP! Had to restore site now not working properly

Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:23 AM
jopersona

16 posts · Oct 2010
Apologies in advance if this is posted to wrong bit of forum I really was not sure where to post it.

Basically while trying to upload a .ico file to my nice new Atahualpa-themed WP site a few hours ago, I accidentally moved one of the main folders on my server into another and apparently it did something to the permissions on ALL my files and my site disappeared altogether!!!

The company who I have my hosting package with said the only way to resolve this was for me to back up the site (as the files were still on the server) and then have my account 'recreated', reinstall Wordpress etc.

So I backed up the Wordpress database, and with it I believe the Atahualpa settings and content, and have re-uploaded Wordpress again and the database to my server. My site and Atahualpa settings are appearing again, however only the index page appears to be working - see http://www.jopearson.com. All the links to other pages are broken and my logo seems to have disappeared. I think all the plug-ins I was using have gone too.

Does anyone know an easy way to at correct these broken page links? Otherwise it seems I will have to start from scratch with Atahualpa and inputting content...

Any help most gratefully accepted!

Thanks

Jo
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try this, change your permaalink to the default and see if it works, then change it back to what you have now (dashboard->settings->permalinks)
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:33 AM
jopersona

16 posts · Oct 2010
OMG You're a genius it seems to have worked...

Is there anyway I can restore the plug-ins, do you know, or are they lost forever?
(I was using a Flickr plug in on the Image page, and Soundcloud plug in on the Sound page. A load of code is appearing on the Sound page but nothing on Flickr)

Is the logo lost too? Do I need to replace that?

Thanks very much

Jo
Old Nov 10, 2010, 08:58 AM
jopersona

16 posts · Oct 2010
Hmmm, I worked out that I had to restore Flickr and Soundcloud plug-ins and they are working but now I am getting the following at the bottom of each page:

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_0436a2eea9690cb16344be08b8c21723, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks very much in advance

Jo
Old Nov 10, 2010, 10:39 AM
jopersona

16 posts · Oct 2010
Think I worked that one out - I went back through and deactivated then reactivated my plug ins and it seems to be that it's happening when the Flickr plug in is activated, so I guess I will have to reinput settings etc for that one.

Thanks for your help.