Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Update or Install and Move to New

Old May 25, 2009, 07:07 AM
ranch2

4 posts · May 2009
Update or Install and Move to New

I am using atahualpa 3.2

so far I have no problems.

i will be wanting to take advantage of future updates. what is the difference in upgrading or just downloading the new template and just using it instead?

also, how exactly DO you update, just download the version and install or overwrite the files using FTP (after making a backup of course), and if you do that does it record the version change so that it shows the true version you are using under templates area?

info appreciated, sorry to be a newbie.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
All the 'data' that Atahualpa uses is stored in the database. What I've done is treated each release as a new theme , so in my cp-contents/themes folder, I have atahualpa332 and atahualpa333. The only thing I have to do is copy any header images to the new folder from the old. This way I can swap back and forth by just selecting the appropriate theme.