Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can I reduce load time by disabling rotating header?

Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:23 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
I'm trying to reduce the loading time on the website I'm building (http://theagnonschool.org).

To that end, the client decided to reduce the number of rotating image galleries on the homepage, deciding to keep the gallery in the body of the page and eliminate the rotating header.

To eliminate the rotating header, I simply removed all but one header in the /images/header/ folder.

But now I'm wondering:
-is there a way to disable the rotating header?
-and if there is, would disabling it do anything to improve my loading time?

Thanks,
Lila
Old Jul 25, 2009, 05:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there are two 'rotating' headers - one causes a new picture to load each time a page is generated, the other will cause the header image to change while you are on the page. As of 3.4.0, you can disable the second be setting ATO->Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript? to 0

You can't disable the code that generates the image each time you go to a new page, but by only having 1 image in .../images/header, you can reduce the processing time to the minimum it will take.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 31, 2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:31 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
Thanks Juggledad!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:15 AM
DSmidgy

10 posts · Jan 2010
Hi,
does anyone know if there is a way to disable displaying header images in options?

If I set the image height to 0, the browser still loads the image. If I remove the "header" folder in "atahualpa/images" I get a PHP error, if I remove all the images in a folder, I get another error.

Thanks,
Dominik
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you want to get rid of the header image, remove %image at ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:20 AM
DSmidgy

10 posts · Jan 2010
Thank you very much for your help.