Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How do you make larger images in the image attachment pages?

Old Sep 15, 2009, 08:59 PM
JasonCross

3 posts · Sep 2009
It'll be easiest if I walk you through it...

Take a look at this page: http://www.jasoncross.org/2009/09/11...-new-istuff/3/

Click any of the in-line images in that post, and it will take you to an attachment page with that image on it. The image on that attachment page is medium size (as seen here http://www.jasoncross.org/2009/09/11...istuff/genius/). If you click on THAT, you get taken directly to the .jpg.

What I want to do is make the image on that attachment page larger, so it will fill the width of my center column.

I know that when I insert the image into my post I can link to the image directly, but then I have no title or sidebars or anything...it's a direct link to the .jpg. I don't want that. I want the attachment page, I just want bigger pictures on there.

Other themes I have used had an Image Attachment Template file (image.php) that I could edit. I'd find where it says "<?php echo wp_get_attachment_image( $post->ID, 'medium' )" and change the medium to large. Then I can adjust the width of the large image in the regular wordpress Media settings.

My problem is I can't find the place in Atahualpa where it describes the size of image attachments. Can someone help me out here?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
swap to the default theme and see if the same issue shows up there
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:23 PM
JasonCross

3 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
swap to the default theme and see if the same issue shows up there
The issue does show up in the default wordpress theme. But as I described in my post, the default theme has an image.php file I can edit by changing

<?php echo wp_get_attachment_image( $post->ID, 'medium' )

to

<?php echo wp_get_attachment_image( $post->ID, 'large' )

This totally solves the problem. But of course, that only works with the default wordpress theme (and some other themes I have tried, which have a similar image attachment php file).

The Atahualpa theme has no image.php, nor any other file I can easily identify as the image attachment page. There's got to be a place where the image attachment page is calling my image that I can change from calling the medium to the large file. I'm just not sure where or how.

Someone out there has got to know! Help!
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
How are you adding the images to your posts? I'm obviously not doing it the same way and do not see the code that is generated in your site in my test site.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:55 PM
JasonCross

3 posts · Sep 2009
I'm using the built-in WP uploader. The walkthrough goes something like this:

1. In the new/edit post page, I put the cursor on the line I want my image and hit the "Add an Image" button at the top of the toolbar.

2. I select the image (either upload or reuse an image from the Media Library)

3. Fill out the Title and Caption. Leave description blank.

4. For the Link URL option, I click "Post URL" since I want the image to link to a seperate attachment post. If I hit "File URL" it will link directly to the .jpg (with no "site" around it).

5. Choose Alignment = Center, Size = Medium since that is the size and alignment of the image I want IN MY POST (note that this isn't the size or alignment on the attachment page).

6. Click "insert into post" and that's it!

Note that no matter what I choose during step 5 for alignment or size, the actual attachment page will always show the image left-aligned and medium size.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'll play with this, at step (4) I've always done an 'insert into post' with nothing in the 'post'

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 16, 2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa is using WordPress's built in functions to display an attached image.