Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Center title for just one page?

Old Apr 16, 2012, 01:27 PM
sPa

2 posts · Apr 2012
Hi there!

I'd really appreciate some help with this: I'm trying to get the headline title centered for just one page, not for the rest of the posts and pages on my site. I'm trying to add some variant of

text-align: center

to the HEADLINE Box: Text and HEADLINE Box: Links areas in the theme options, but I can't figure out how to limit the change to just one page. (I used to do this with a whole category of posts via div., but I'm drawing a blank on singling out one page.)
Old Apr 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When trying to apply css to just one page, you have to code your css selector so it specifies the page involved. You can use the 'body' element and the unique class for the page involves as the prefix to the rest of the css selector to make it apply just to one page.

So look at the page with a code examiner (firebug for firefox is one) and find the element names names and classes you will need to create the selector, then use the css rule 'text-align: center' and you should be set.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 01:28 AM
sPa

2 posts · Apr 2012
Thank you very much for that!

I'm sure that would work. For anyone whose limited css knowledge is challenged by that solution, as is mine, I have since found a simpler workaround for this specific problem:

- in ATO:Configure SEO, turn on Post/Page Options
- now you can disable the page title for one page altogether
- ...and add it again in the page text itself, styled as you like it