Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Customizing widgets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:09 PM
Riddle36

4 posts · Mar 2009
Customizing widgets

Hello everyone,

I have some questions about trying to customize certain widgets in Atahualpa. First, I hope I am not repeating a question. I scoured the forum for similar items but did not see any that really related to my situation.

I went to A. Theme Options>Widgets and began tinkering with all the code boxes. Now, I am very new to the whole blog/ web site/ html/css, etc. stuff. I have found that Atahualpa is extremely easy to use, especially for a website dumb-dumb such as myself. Please give responses in the easiest terms possible. Act like you are talking to a three-year old.

To make a long story short - I am trying to change the fonts on two widgets. On the left sidebar, I have the Calendar widget. On the right sidebar, I have the Archives widget.

For the calendar - What I want to accomplish is to change the colors of the calendar. I'm not sure how, but I managed to change the color of the month and year at the top, plus the numerals representing the days. But I am stumped on how to change the gray backgrounds (where the days of the week are and the light gray background at the top and bottom of the calender). I would like to also change the link colors on the calendar. Let's just say each individual color on the calendar.

Is it possible to do? I would guess so, but really not sure how.

For the Archives widget - I have the archives widget with the drop down box and post count. I filled in different colors under the A. Theme Options> Widgets> Widget Lists Items for all three levels. This didn't change anything. I would like to change the color of the gray down arrow on the right of the drop down box. I would also like to change the color of the font within the box ( it is currently black and says "Select Month" and so on). I also would like to change the dashed border that surrounds the drop down box.

I apologize for writing the novel. I wanted to be as clear as possible to what I am trying to accomplish. If needed, the website is http://www.veggiegardener.com

Thanks so much!