Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] RSS/Comments feature in header does not work due to database upload problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 1, 2010, 09:29 AM
alfie

74 posts · Apr 2010
Long Island NY
[SOLVED] RSS/Comments feature in header does not work due to database upload problem

I am using Atahualpa and my problem is the following. You may note in the header, you may see two icons, one for an RSS feed list and the other for a comment list. I am using both an off line implementation using xampplite and an on-line presentation using my website (www.mydomain.com) – both should be identical When I operate off line the feeds operate perfectly and display what would be expected for an RSS and comment list. When I click on the same icons on-line instead of the lists I see urls www.mydomain.com and localhost references (probably left over from the off line version). Apparently when exporting the database and then importing to the host not all references to http://localhost/wordpress were converted to www.mydomain.com.

Initially when I followed the procedure of uploading the database I exported using phpmyadmin and followed by running an editor remove and replace operation. This resulted in a mysql error (which I was unable to resolve). When I discussed problem with the host they suggested merely changing the wp-options and wp-options-table using phpmyadmin. I was now able to import the database and everything seemed to be working identically to off-line. …That is until I clicked on the two icons in question. Apparently all reference to localhost were not changed. I now went back into phpmyadmin to look for a table that might contain the rss and comment lists --- could not find any. The best solution would have been to run a remove and replace as suggested in tutorials on uploading but that does not work

If anyone can make any suggestions it would be appreciated.