Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Compressed CSS, internal or external?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:00 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Compressed CSS, internal or external?

I don't quite understand something. In the options/Configure CSS and JS, one of the options is to compress CSS or not. What happens if you compress CSS and also have CSS inline? Or can CSS be compressed only with the external CSS option?

I've been trying to make the front page load faster, so I keep trying different combinations of inline/external/CSS compression, then checking the result on pingdom. The results often aren't very logical.

And oddly, I just tried larchmontgazette.com there, and got a total load-time of 6.4 seconds. I tried greenwichtime.com, a local news site not far from here, and got 21 seconds, yet that site seemed to load much faster when going there by browser, after dumping the cache. It's all very confusing.

I'd like to know what combination of CSS and JS inline/external and CSS compression you are all using, and what kind of load-times you're getting.