Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] WPMU footer widget

Old Feb 14, 2012, 03:11 AM
Tamara-IT

41 posts · Jan 2011
Italy
Unhappy [SOLVED] WPMU footer widget

Hello, no search matches...
I have to manage a WPMU installation (I updated the main site to 373, the "children" blogs still running 361). I tried to achieve a widget area for 5 widgets in a row in the footer of the main site but 373 does not allow php in WPMU footer content.
I would prefere a "clean" solution than hardcoding footer.php (I'm not a php hypermistress also...) but if it is the only way I'll do it.
Any workaround?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 05:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Actually you can put the new widget code in the footer area. Atahualpa can't evaluate PHP, but since the new widget area is in a 'known' format the developer coded the theme to parse the new widget area code and process it
Old Feb 14, 2012, 06:13 AM
Tamara-IT

41 posts · Jan 2011
Italy
Solved, it works perfectly.