Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

HOWTO: create fading header images

Old Jul 7, 2010, 10:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It was not working on one of my sites in Chrome. I deactivated a couple of plugins that had to do with images and now is working.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 07:57 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
Wow, thx this works great!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 11:22 AM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Are you using the code in this post or the new fading java option.

The new java fading option seems to have some issues (it's not this same code) and when the java code overlays the image it ignore the position, opacity and blog title overlay'.

For the time being if you want to have fading images, I suggest doing it the way this thread says and not use teh new theme option.
Hi Jaggledad, has this been solved in 3.5.3?
Old Jul 26, 2010, 01:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
no, there is still a problem in 3.5.3 with the new code doing fading headers. Release 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 were very minor changes
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:08 PM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
no, there is still a problem in 3.5.3 with the new code doing fading headers. Release 3.5.2 and 3.5.3 were very minor changes
Thanks. Could one use the code mentioned at the beginning of this thread in 3.5.1? If so, which header image options should remain active/inactive? Thanks again!

Last edited by cfibanez; Jul 26, 2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try it and let us know
Old Jul 26, 2010, 02:31 PM
cfibanez

55 posts · Apr 2010
Quote:
try it and let us know
Yes the code works fine in 3.5.1. Option for header image rotation should be ON but fading should be OFF. One problem, however: rotaion is no longer random, regardless of the setting chosen in the options menu. Any way to get that onboard as well in this code? Thanks!

EDIT: after some observation, I noticed that, although the roation sequence repeats always in the same order, reloading the page changes the sequence to a different one. Everytime. I guess this is good as it gets, or?

Last edited by cfibanez; Jul 26, 2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 07:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There is a thread in the gold forums tutorials to allow you to set the rotation random or sequential

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 15, 2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:43 AM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
I'm brand-spankin' new to WP, and am excited about this Atahualpa's potential and forum support! Can you explain the following statement (not a clue where I set ATO):

"Make sure you have set ATO->Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript? to a number greater than '0' or this will not work." [/quote]

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 06:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ATO = Atahualpa Theme Options
Old Oct 12, 2010, 07:55 PM
sohel2020

23 posts · Sep 2010
I try but it was not work.
i am using atahualpa345.

here is my js.phpjs.txt

plz see the code if any error plz edit it and mail me on

sohel2020@gmail.com

i also change ATO->Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript?

give it value '3'

but still it do not work

please help me.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:39 AM
Lonz

5 posts · Oct 2010
Hi I am new to all this and I put your fade in and out into the correct spot but I don't know how to find the ATO's version? Also it has changed the images to go only to the far left? I am also having trouble loading the correct size images into the header? I think they need to be 1300 x 600 but have spents weeks trying to work it out? Please help
Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:45 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Lonz - if you go to the dashboard->appearances->themes you will see the version of atahualpa displayed. This is built in as of 3.5.1 (I think) but it does have some issues.

Images can be what ever sire you want them to be. However, if you have set your page to be variable width and someone makes it wider than your image, then white space will show up.

I generally create variable width pages with a minimum width of 800 and a maximum of 1440 and then make my images 1440 by what ever header height I've defined
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:56 PM
Lonz

5 posts · Oct 2010
hi again
Thanks for that it is version 3.4.9
I fixed the fade in and out back to static and centre but now it just shows a different photo on each page?
this is the script as it is on my comp, could you let me know please what I need to put in to get it rotating again

<?php } ?>
function RotateHeaderImages(){
if (document.body){
HeaderImageContainer = document.getElementById('imagecontainer');
HeaderImageContainer.style.background = 'url(' + HeaderImages[j] + ') <?php echo $bfa_ata['headerimage_alignment']; ?> no-repeat';
j = j + 1
if (j > (p-1)) j=0
t = setTimeout('RotateHeaderImages()', <?php echo $bfa_ata['header_image_javascript']; ?>000)
}

window.onload = RotateHeaderImages;

<?php } ?>

/* JQUERY */

Last edited by Lonz; Oct 15, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you turned off the rotating image option at ato->Header Image->Rotate header images with Javascript?

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 24, 2010 at 05:20 AM.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:10 AM
doubleclic

3 posts · Nov 2010
Hi,

Thanks for this great code - it works great for me with IE8 but with one small problem - every time it changes to a new image in the rotation it stretches the image height by a few mm and then before the image changes it un-stretches it again - giving an annoying little jumping effect. I have tried changing the header image height setting down and up in ATO but it makes no difference - do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 05:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
are you using the fading in/out or just the rotation - what is the url?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:18 AM
Handre

46 posts · May 2010
Using this code in JS.php works, but now I have problems with the overlay logo.
Starting the website, the logo shows. Direct during the first fade out/in, the logo dissapears. Everey fade in, the logo shows up a fraction of a second and than fades out again.

How do I overcome this problem?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:34 AM
Handre

46 posts · May 2010
and now I see it does not work properly in IE, There I see no fading, but the logo is continue visible.

In Firefox the fading works, but the logo dissappears.

URL: www.concordiaeefde.nl
Old Mar 1, 2011, 01:36 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
the js.php edit works for me in 3.5.3, however in IE the images don't resize to fit any browser window when the rotation is turned on.

with rotation set at zero and alignment at Top Center, the image does at least stay centered to fit the window, and the image changes with each page load as it should.

is there a code edit that would force IE to see the rotation as always being set at zero, but allowing the fading rotation to work in FF?

thanks

Last edited by mcd; Mar 1, 2011 at 01:42 PM.