Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Linking wordpress blog to non-wordpress site has destroyed all internal links

Old Jan 2, 2013, 04:40 PM
anartist

67 posts · Aug 2012
Washington DC
Must I have one or the other? That doesn't make sense.

And pretty permalinks wont work anymore without disappearing the blog altogether.

Juggledad on connecting a wordpress blog to a non-wordpress site---
If you want to link to a non-wordpress page, create a custom menu and add the page link there - but call it something other than index.html

I did this and it worked.

http://anartist.com/weblog/

this is what I got when I clicked on the link to the first post: http://anartist.com/?p=467
and it went to the home page

When I did this I didn't know I would lose my pretty permalinks and even the non-wordpress homepage had some weird number after it. When I set them back I get the message "Not Found--Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."
Another bad discovery -- everything on the right sidebar used to work fine, go to posts and archives; now everything except the link to wordpress.org defaults to my anartist.com html homepage with some funny number after it.