Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header overlapping blog, HELP!

Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:40 PM
Canuck

5 posts · Aug 2010
I'm new to wordpress and just installed the Atahualpa 3.5.3 theme. I'm trying to set up the header and I'd like to use a larger image but when I increase the height setting for the header image it makes the photo overlap everything below it in the blog rather than push the blog down to make room for the image.

See what I mean here http://clockworkphotography.com/blog

If someone could tell me what setting I have messed up I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might want to try a different "style" using the instruction in post 8 of this thread. Also how did you insert the image?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:37 AM
Canuck

5 posts · Aug 2010
I uploaded the image into the images folder following the instructions at the top of the "Header Image" tab in the ATO.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
And did you try a different style?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:42 AM
Canuck

5 posts · Aug 2010
Tried one of the other styles as you mentioned and that worked, thanks so much!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:14 AM
Rietendak

5 posts · Aug 2010
I had sort of the same problem, but with me the header was also outlined too far too the right. I had already made the 'show logo' box in Style & Edit Header Area blank, but found out it still counted 'logo height'. By changing that to the height of the header (240) +30 it fitted, but was still outlined too far to the right cutting off some pixels of the image.
http://dealcoholist.nl/

The image is 800px wide, fixed page width is 980 so it should fit. The logo is aligned top left but changing that to centre or right just cuts off more. Basically it seems there's something on the left of the header pushing it too the right.
I tried changing styles but it gave me an error 'Sorry, but 'ata-round.txt' doesn't appear to be a valid Atahualpa Settings file.' Also I'd rather just fix it and learn.

Thanks for any help!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:26 AM
Rietendak

5 posts · Aug 2010
I tried removing %logo %pages %cats out of
Code:
%logo %pages %cats
<!-- To remove the ad altogether, start removing here... --> 
<div style="position:absolute;top:20px;right:20px;width:728px;height:90px;">
<!-- Put the ad code BELOW this (and remove the sample text if there is any) -->
%image 
<!-- Put the ad code ABOVE this -->
</div>
<!-- End removing the ad here -->
But that didn't solve it, so it's not the remainder of the logo pushing it right.

e: the weird thing is when I change page width from 980px to 99% the blogs move all the way to the left but the header is still outlined right, even though i doublechecked that it's set to top left.

Last edited by Rietendak; Aug 23, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:53 AM
Rietendak

5 posts · Aug 2010
Okay I've been really stupid. It was pretty obviously the fault of this part
Code:
<div style="position:absolute;top:20px;right:20px;width:728px;height:90px;">
By changing 728px to 928 px it's now more or less centered. But I don't understand why or how? Could someone link an explanation of that line of code and why it's seemingly unaffected by the outlining of the header on the Header Image page? And why by making it a larger number the header moves to the left?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The newer versions of Atahualpa come with some sample setting files so you can see some of the things you can do with the theme. You can use these settings or hit the reset to start fresh