Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Same comments repeat - home page.

Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:18 AM
Eric

6 posts · Oct 2010
I modified index.php as described in a forum post to display post comments and comment form on home page. Works great, but now the same comments appear for each post, over and over. A previous Juggledad comment said you could fix this by making a copy of index.php and naming it home.php. in our theme - still didn't work to display the relevant comments for each post. Is there any update on what I can to make this work?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
without knowing what you did in the modification...no there is no way to tell you what you might have done.

Index.php is run every-time you go to the site, go to a new page etc it is the main processing item so if you make a mistake in it, it will probably carry over to everything (and possibly into the backend)

The issue about creating a home.php is when you are using a page template for the front page. then you need to make a copy of it and call it home.php
Old Oct 21, 2010, 01:56 PM
Eric

6 posts · Oct 2010
The home page (index.php) modification I made was from the Flynn comment below (link):

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2423

Comment title and count for post is correct, but the actual comments are the same for all posts. (Looks like the loop picks up comments for the first post and then repeats them.) I also made a new page (copied index.php) and names it home.php. This new page does exactly the same thing.

Last edited by Eric; Oct 21, 2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would go back and make sure you followed the directions exactly. I just tested and it works fine. If you made all the changed exactly, try disabling all plugins to see if they are causing a conflict