Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] fb share/tweet in header

Old May 29, 2011, 05:07 PM
totalwise

7 posts · May 2011
[SOLVED] fb share/tweet in header

does the facebook share/tweet buttons look good in the header area and does it even look nice?
Old May 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try it and let us know your opinion
Old May 30, 2011, 10:13 AM
totalwise

7 posts · May 2011
what I was asking was is it possible to actually put the facebook share/tweet buttons in the rotating image in the header?

I'm stuck for space on the website, I have a 250px sidebar and is full with content, and I want to simply add tweet and like buttons on there without shifting my ads/opt in lists lower. The header seems like a prime real estate space on the site, which makes me now think that I should either reduce it down to 75px height to make space, or even better put a tweet button as an overlay in the header.

Is it possible? I know that you can use place images and links, but these tweet/like buttons use javascript and i don't think you can do that with JS
Old May 30, 2011, 10:20 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could put a new widget area in place of %image and put anything you want there.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can also use the new 'Header Image Overlay' option (ato->Header Image)
Old Jun 4, 2011, 03:56 PM
totalwise

7 posts · May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you can also use the new 'Header Image Overlay' option (ato->Header Image)
wow, that worked brilliantly and so easily as well. I knew that it was possible to place images and links, but didn't even consider that it woud be possible to place script and iframe tags in there as well. Took the like/tweet buttons straight from their respective source, and used the codes almost as is with the exception of <div style="[absolute positioning]">[original code]</div> and voila looks pretty damn good.

Somehow doubt this will be compatible with IE6,IE7,FF3,FF3.5 and other browsers from that era, will get into vmware and do a run to see what it's like in some hours/days time