Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Two Static Pages

Old Aug 30, 2011, 06:44 PM
mintami34

2 posts · Dec 2010
Two Static Pages

Hi.. I'm in need of having my site be a static page but I need to the front page to have 2 static pages.

This has to be done with a WordPress page and not a post.

The site is not live yet so I can't share a link.

Getting the home page to be a static page is easy but to have it two static pages is not. The info will not change so I assume I need to input something like is_page('37') somewhere but I'm not sure the correct syntax or where to insert it. :-(

Can anyone help?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
not quite sure why you would want to do this, but this is going to be a code change in the WordPress code. You might want to
1) look for a plug-in
2) post this on WordPress.org

Last edited by juggledad; Aug 31, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Why don't you just format one page to make it look like two pages?
Old Aug 31, 2011, 03:52 PM
mintami34

2 posts · Dec 2010
I'm not able to find a plugin, I've looked for a long time.

Seems like it should be easy for the pros, guess not.

I tried to use a single page to make it look like two but it just does not work well for me.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Like I said, this isn't a theme issue, it is a WordPress issue. Try asking at wordpress.org

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 24, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
tcoss

4 posts · Dec 2011
So if I understand this correctly, I cannot arrange it such that if someone goes to my site, the home page could be a "page" rather than a "post". I want to have a post of blog tab if you will, still I need some static pages in front of that.

Any recommendations?

tom