Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

What Is the Ongoing Theme Frame Price?

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:25 AM
pullintoo

1 posts · Jan 2012
What Is the Ongoing Theme Frame Price?

The sticky thread said $110 for lifetime license and updates, but when I click, I come to a subscription page that says $60 lifetime license and updates for just one year. So what is the price going to be after one year?

I am really tired of committing to things that then become too expensive when they come up for renewal and don't want to do that again. What is the price after a year?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
Jam

1,112 posts · Mar 2011
Perth, Western Australia
I would expect there will be an "upgrade price".
In one years time, the one year licence might be $70-$90 (depending on version of TF available then), but existing $60 owners can upgrade for $20-$40?
Just guessing, figures are just for example.
People who committed before TF1 remain lifetime lic and upgrades.

Thats what I figure might happen, sounds fair to me. Personally, I think the one year lic should be $110.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:27 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The ThemeFrame price is $60
(+19% VAT for EU citizens)

You get

- Lifetime license: Use TF forever and create unlimited sites for yourself or clients

- 1 Year upgrades: Get access to new TF versions for 1 year.

After 1 Year is over you can keep using all the TF versions you have. To download new TF version you'd have to buy another year, for $60, which gives you access to download new TF versions for another year.

You can pause in between or never buy another year again, depends on your needs and whether you're happy with TF or not.

If you compare this to other WP related products with lifetime license/ lifetime upgrades, consider this:

You typically have no guarantee that there won't be a "2.0", "3.0" etc. version which will require another payment. In fact I just read on a competitor's forum where users complain that they have to pay for "2.0" although they paid in the range of $200-300 for a "lifetime use/upgrade" license.

Also, you have no guarantee how long the product will be actively developed. Lifetime could mean 2 years or 20 years.

With TF's yearly option you get to decide each year whether it is worth to get another year instead of having to commit to a $XXX upfront payment. Will you have paid $300 after 5 years (if you keep renewing after each year)? Yes, but that also means that you decided 4 times that it was worth to renew. You don't get to decide this with a huge upfront payment.

So, calculations along the lines of:

TF 5 years = $300
XY 5 years = $200

May not work out as expected. With TF you can pause or stop, you only pay as long as you're (1) satisfied and (2) productive with TF.

Neither TF nor XY may evolve as you expected or wished, but with XY the money is gone whereas with TF you stop paying. TF has to prove its worth each year.

I consider $60 to be a very fair price considering the amount of changes happening in all the related fields: New WP versions a few times a year, new browser versions, CSS & HTML changes...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:05 AM
Punc00

166 posts · Sep 2010
Czech Rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam
People who committed before TF1 remain lifetime lic and upgrades.
Is this really true, Flynn? I am quite confused, when reading the official statements and looking into my User CP, where I have got: "- free upgrades for 1 year" and "- read/write access to the ThemeFrame Members forum for 1 year"...
Thanks!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:59 PM
Dave Pitman

430 posts · Nov 2010
Pacific Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punc00
Is this really true..
Check for yourself in your uesr CP

Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:21 PM
Punc00

166 posts · Sep 2010
Czech Rep.
Oh, I see, many thanks for clarification, Dave! Itīs OK, I am the lucky one!
Old Feb 21, 2012, 12:45 AM
exgenis

3 posts · Dec 2009
Hi! Just need a clarification... I went into User CP to check my TF subscription and here's what I see-

Start date Dec 31, 2009
Expiry date Jan 1, 1970

1970? I committed way before TF1 so I'm guessing I get lifetime ugrades too but 1970 confuses me...