Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Page 2 issue - code displays?

Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:11 PM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
I am having issues on page 2 of my blog here is the URL and what I see (and would like to fix):

http://sustainablepersonalfinance.com/page/2/

Sustainability Tip #37: Ventilate your Bathroom
BY MRS. SPF

#dd_ajax_float{ background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #156D00; border:1px solid #DDDDDD; float:left; margin-left:-225px; margin-right:10px; margin-top:10px; position:absolute; z-index:1; }$j=jQuery.noConflict(); $j(document).ready(function($) { //put content div class, when scroll beyond this y, float it var $postShare = $(‘#dd_ajax_float’); if($(‘.dd_content_wrap’).length > 0){ var descripY = parseInt($(‘.dd_content_wrap’).offset().top) – 20; var pullX = $postShare.css(‘margin-left’); $(window).scroll(function () { var scrollY = $(window).scrollTop(); var fixedShare = $postShare.css(‘position’) == ‘fixed’; //make sure .post_share exists if($(‘#dd_ajax_float’).length > 0){ if ( scrollY > descripY && !fixedShare ) { $postShare.stop().css({ position: ‘fixed’, top: 10 }); } else if ( scrollY < descripY && fixedShare ) { $postShare.css({ position: 'absolute', top: descripY, marginLeft: . . . → Read More: Sustainability Tip #37: Ventilate your Bathroom

THANKS!
SPF
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It is probably something in that post. Go check - using the HTML editor - what the post looks like.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:24 PM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Juggledad - this is a recurring problem. The first article (of 5) on page 2 shows that code garble. I noticed it a few days ago but had other things to fix/do so I left it until a reader noted it today (different article).
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sorry, I looked again and went back, corrected my post but thechange got lost.

This is because you are displaying an excerpt and probably have a shortcode that is expanding into a bunch of text with a script and <style. mixed in. You can add all the HTML elements you don't want stripped (see the configure exceprpts section) or just manually put an excerpt in the post.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:31 PM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
OK - thanks for looking into this Juggledad. Looks like I have some html/style learning to do ...
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:42 PM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
The part I don't get juggledad is that this occurs on the 1st post of page 2. Does this mean I need to write an excerpt for each and every post as they will all land at the top of page 2 eventually?
Old Feb 9, 2011, 06:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
looks to me like you have a plugin or some code that is making the first post of your blog a full post and all others excerpts. In addition it is adding an AD to the first post of every page.

The excerpts strip all HTML from the post, but you are seeing the CSS in the style added by the plugin. You can add <style> to the 'don't strip these tags in the 'configure excerpt' section and it may cause this to go away - to get the AD to show you will have to look at the rest of what the plugin is generating and add any other things you don't want stripped to the option.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 08:14 PM
Sustainable PF

28 posts · Nov 2010
Thanks Juggledad

The addition of the <style> tag didn't fix it but i'll look into our plugin and other tags.