Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Want to add a flash banner to author and archive pages.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:16 AM
ARealpolitik

130 posts · Jun 2010
[SOLVED] Want to add a flash banner to author and archive pages.

You guys have helped a lot this week and I hate to bother you again, but this forum is the only place that seems to know what it is talking about. If you haven't noticed I am spending this week updating a few of my site (long time coming) so after this week I hope not to be such a nuisance.

This is real tricky for me and even stumped the plugin developer... I am running Featurific on all three of my sites (paid for version) and it works well on main pages. I would like to add it to author pages and archive pages. I also want to apply the shadow box and moz border to it. I contacted the plugin developer Rich and this was his reply:
Thanks for your email. To add the plugin to the author and archive pages, you're going to have to do some Wordpress magic. I'm not a WP expert, but I imagine it would entail creating a custom template page for those pages and adding the Featurific code there. Maybe there's a plugin available for adding arbitrary code to a specific page?

As for the moz border and shadow box, the best way to do that is to simply edit featurific.php. Find the portion of the file that outputs the Featurific HTML, and simply add in the code there. That way, any time Featurific is generated, it will have the moz-border and shadow box. Alternatively (maybe easier), you could just add what you need via CSS and not worry about the HTML at all.
I understand this is not related to ATA but I am hoping to get some input regarding these projects. Hopefully there is some way to add them using ata magic or css insert. Any ideas?

Also, on the page menu thing. I got it fixed on two sites and looks good. On DCS http://www.digitalcombatsoldiers.com/ there is a % that is showing up below the menu. Any ideas on this?