Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Fixed height center column

Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:05 AM
henning

4 posts · Jul 2010
Hi all!

At the moment I am creating a site which consists of a bunch of static pages and a "news" part which utilizes the post-mechanic WP brings.

The layout of the site has a fixed width and a fixed height. For the static pages this works perfectly. If there is more text then space, scroll bars appear. Exactly as designed.

The posts on the other hand somehow ignore the fixed height. The last 5 posts are simply posted one after the other, destroying may design.

Is there a way to display the blog posts in a fixed size (espcially height) center column?

I already searched the forums but I didn't find any helpful answers to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...t=fixed+height
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:23 AM
henning

4 posts · Jul 2010
Probably I am not a programmer enough to understand that, but that post only seems to show me how to make the header static.

What I need is a static space in the center column to scroll the last 5 posts in.

Is there a "way for dummies" to achieve that?

For my understanding the logic place to set the variables for that would be

ATO > Style & edit center column > Center column style

But setting a max-height there didn't do anything.

Last edited by henning; Jul 25, 2010 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 05:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I couldn't get this to work in the center column but I could get it to work in ATO>Sytle & configure Layout>Layout Container Style.
HTML Code:
max-height:500px;
overflow:scroll;
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:48 PM
henning

4 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks for the reply miles, but that doesn't do the trick either...

Setting the CSS like you recommened works on the whole page but it doesn't do anything for the center column container (like you already said)...

Any other ideas?

I was trial-and-error-ing for like 4 hours on that stuff now and still I am not closer to a satisfying result.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 04:49 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't have any more ideas at this time. Perhaps someone else has found a solution and will share it.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
henning

4 posts · Jul 2010
Well, I didn't get it to work properly and gave up on the idea. I changed my design a bit so that I don't have to make the stuff static anymore...

Thanks for trying to help though!