Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Resizing flash banners

Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:51 AM
timdevogel

141 posts · May 2009
I've placed a few Flash banners on my site (www.elektroretailmagazine.nl) and they work ok in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but they won't appear in Explorer. It has something to do with resizing, I think.
I use Administer for my banner management and the code I use is:
<code><OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=banner WIDTH=180 HEIGHT=180> <PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="LG.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=loop VALUE=true> <EMBED src="http://www.elektroretailmagazine.nl/wp-content/uploads/LG.swf" loop=true quality=high TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED> </OBJECT> </code>
Any suggestions on how I can resize the banners automatically, especially when I make the layout fluid?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I just looked at the page source and it looks like the widget you are using is adding an extra </div> each time.
I was going to suggest trying adding a
HTML Code:
 style="width: 100%"
to the <div>

where did you get this widget?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 02:16 AM
timdevogel

141 posts · May 2009
Hi Juggledad,
I'm using Administer and I got it from the WP-site. What it does, is ask every time if I want to use the wrapper. I've unchecked the 'use wrapper boxes' now, but it doesn't seem to help much...
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you try adding the 'width=100%' to the <div>?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:33 AM
timdevogel

141 posts · May 2009
Uhh, how do I do that?
Old Aug 4, 2009, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
which banner doesn't appear? I'm comparing it in IE8 and Safari and they look the page looks the same. Can you specify the exact banner?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 06:02 AM
timdevogel

141 posts · May 2009
That's because I placed the ads now in a text widget, with the plugin SwfObj. This works fine, but has the limitation that I can't rotate the ads or count the clicks and impressions.
As soon as I use a plugin like Ad-Minister I can't use SwfObj anymore.