Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Is it possible to create different page templates?

Old Aug 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
Cornboy

3 posts · Aug 2009
I'm new to WordPress and Atahualpa, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have my home page setup how I would like it. However, the home page has a large image beneath the page menus. I would like this to only appear on the home page as it is a welcome type image if that makes sense. Here is how I have it setup in the Configure Header Area section:

%logo %pages %image

I guess in short, my question is this: is there any way to specify different options for the Configure Header Area section on different pages?

Thanks,
Chris
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:57 PM
Cornboy

3 posts · Aug 2009
OK, the similar questions list was pointed me to this thread which is very helpful:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=491

I made a copy of index.php and saved it as page.php. However, I am stuck as to where I go to actually edit the header. I don't see anything related to this in the php code - I assume it's referencing another file somewhere but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2009, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of WP and Atahualpa?
Please post your URL so someone can take a look at what you are describing
Old Aug 19, 2009, 07:56 AM
thomase

1 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornboy
I'm new to WordPress and Atahualpa, so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have my home page setup how I would like it. However, the home page has a large image beneath the page menus. I would like this to only appear on the home page as it is a welcome type image if that makes sense. Here is how I have it setup in the Configure Header Area section:

%logo %pages %image

I guess in short, my question is this: is there any way to specify different options for the Configure Header Area section on different pages?
i found out that the conditional php statements given as examples in the styling and customization instructions can be used in most of the configuration textboxes. for example, in the configuration for the center column, it says you can use statements like "<?php if ( is_front_page() AND $bfa_ata['postcount'] == 3 ) { ?>" to target the space on the front pages after 3 posts.

so you can use a similar statement in your header area config, eg

<?php if ( is_front_page() ) { ?>

%logo %pages %image

<?php } else { ?>

%logo %pages

<?php } ?>

i dont know if that syntax is correct, but you get the idea...

probably depends on your version though. im talking about 3.41/3.42

Last edited by thomase; Aug 19, 2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:37 PM
Cornboy

3 posts · Aug 2009
Thomase - thank you so much, that worked perfectly!