Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Themeframe - first impressions with the pre-beta

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 14, 2009, 03:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Themeframe - first impressions with the pre-beta

As you all probably know, I'm an independent user - I don't work for Flynn. I did tech support for 25 years on various platforms from mainframes down to pc's and when I found Atahualpa I started answering questions and Flynn finally asked me to be a moderator and he generously put up a donate button for me (thanks to all who have found my help valuable and donated to me!)

One of the benefits to being a moderator is that Flynn has given me the chance to break...um..er..try out ThemeFrame before it goes public. And, like any good support guy, I tried to screw it up in every way I could (every bug I find and he fixes is one that twenty of you won't trip on).

The version I played with was the 'plugin' version - this will not be what is released. What will be released will be a stand alone product, ie it won't run under the WordPress umbrella, it will run on it's own. You will be able to include the CSS in your theme, etc, but that's to come and I haven't seen it yet, so back to the pre-beta version.

When I took my first look, I was intimidated!! Where are the nice boxes I love in Atahualpa, what are all these boxes??There are so many options...I was very nervous. This is not for a beginner!

But then I started to poke at the beast and...it didn't bite me! I realized that there are settings for each section of the page and each one brings up the same box. And then I started setting some of the items ("Let's make the border, green and slide the...oooh look at that...it's getting bigger!!! Oh cool I can set three corners or just one. I didn't know you could set the spacing between words?)

Just to give you an idea of the sheer number of options, for each element there is a:

BORDER
- you can set all or any combination of sides.
- each side can be solid, dotted or dashed - independent of the other sides
- each side can have it's own color
- each side can have it's own thickness

MARGIN
- each margin can be set independent of the others or set to AUTO

PADDING

CORNER
- you can set all or any combination of corners.
- you can set the diameter of each corner different
- you can choose (or not choose) to create the corners for IE 6/7/8 (With Javascript)

BACKGROUND
- color
- repeat - both, x, y or none
- scroll or fixed
- background image that you can select
- set the position of the image with a set of sliders

TEXT
- font family - up to three choices
- font color
- font weight
- font style
- font alignment
- font size (via a slide bar)
- line height (via a slide bar)
- letter spacing (via a slide bar - can go negative)
- word spacing (via a slide bar - can go negative)
- text indent (via a slide bar)
- text transform
- text variant
- text decoration

SIZE
- set the horizontal and vertical independent, or have them set automatically
- use PX, EM or %

POSITION
- Display (none, block inline, inline-block, inline-table, list-table, run-in, table, table-caption, table-cell, table-column, table-column-group, table-footer, table-header, table-row, table-row-group, inherit)
- Visibility (visible, hidden, collapse, inherit)
- Z-index (-5 to 10)
- Overflow (visible, hidden, scroll, auto, inherit)
- Float (left, right, none, inherit)
- Clear (right, left, none, both, inherit)
- Position (absolute, fixed, relative, static, inherit)
- top/bottom/left/right auto or set with sliders

All this for each and every one of the 72 areas of the layout, 7 areas of the content, 16 areas of the horizontal menu and 16 areas of the horizontal menu 2.

Oh, and did I forget to mention the sliders to set the sidebars and layout width and the import/export settings and create function for the CSS and JS Files??

While it seems overwhelming, it's not, it's just a powerful program that's going to turn CSS style sheet creation into a WYSIWYG.

And to think, Flynn has coded this all himself.