Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

can I move the two grey bars farther down the page?

Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:39 PM
3zacharm

3 posts · Oct 2010
can I move the two grey bars farther down the page?

I did read the earlier post about removing the two grey bars behind the header, and
  • I didn't understand it
  • I kind of like the bars - I just want to move them down even with my menu bars
  • I tried to reply to that post and for some reason I was not allowed to

So, I'm using 3.5.3, if that makes a difference. The site in question is www.mlmmarketingstrategies.net.

I'd like to move the bars down so they line up with the menu bars again, or remove them completely if I can't move them. Can someone be a little more explicit about how to remove them, if that is the way I have to go?

Thanks so much!

Sherrie
Old Oct 30, 2010, 04:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the two grey bars are part of the background image (ato->Body, Text & Links->Body Style - the background option). if you want them lower, you will have to edit the image and change their location. You will need an image editing program.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 09:46 PM
3zacharm

3 posts · Oct 2010
Can you tell me where to find the image? Or how to delete it completely? If I get rid of it, I might want to upload a different image. What would be the requirements for that, in terms of pixel size?

I'm very new to this theme and although I like it a lot, not all of it is completely intuitive about where to find things.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 04:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Did you go look at the option I pointed out?
How big an image should be would depend on what you have set in your site
Old Oct 31, 2010, 07:41 AM
3zacharm

3 posts · Oct 2010
Yes, I looked. What I found that I thought was the background picture was a picture of four grey circles. I have no idea what to do with that.

I tried deleting that image from my files, but the grey lines still show up on the site. I tried deleting the text from the box in the dashboard where that file is accessed, but the lines still show up.

Is there anyone on the forum who does this sort of thing for a small fee? Because I've pretty much given up on doing it myself. It seems my most logical choice would be to use a different theme.