Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

code for static home page widgets

Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Hello

I am using the static home page option and how do I add a widget above the title that shows up ONLY when the HOME PAGE is called.It will be a page that will be the home page and not the latest post lists. I do have widgets on the same place in pages which I do not want to show up on home page. The code for the page widget is
Code:
<div id="page-top"><?php if (is_page()) { ?><?php bfa_widget_area('name=page-top'); ?><?php } ?></div>
Please let me know the solution. Thanks in advance
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:44 PM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I've tried the following code but doesn't work

Code:
<div id="page-top"><?php if (!is_front_page() || is_page()) { ?><?php bfa_widget_area('name=page-top'); ?><?php } ?></div>
<div id="page-top"><?php if ( is_home() ||  is_front_page()) { ?><?php bfa_widget_area('name=start-top'); ?><?php } ?></div>
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:49 PM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
I have in the past used the theme "Thematic" from themeshaper.com which had this feature builtin, so I know its possible. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use the 'New Widdget area' code and add it to ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Content ABOVE the LOOP
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:07 PM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
It is when I put these there and could not make it work, that I posted as a question . Do you think that the code is correct ?. Can you give me the correct conditional tag ? I tried this one also but no success
Code:
<div id="page-top"><?php if ( is_home() ||  is_front_page() || is_page()) { ?><?php bfa_widget_area('name=start-top'); ?><?php } ?></div>

Last edited by sober; Oct 11, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
all you need is this instead of escaping in and out of PHP
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_home() ||  is_front_page()) { bfa_widget_area('name=start-top'); } ?>
Then go view the home page then go back to the widget age and you should see the widget area
Old Jan 28, 2011, 11:36 AM
talbin

19 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
all you need is this instead of escaping in and out of PHP
HTML Code:
<?php if ( is_home() ||  is_front_page()) { bfa_widget_area('name=start-top'); } ?>
Then go view the home page then go back to the widget age and you should see the widget area
JD - I don't know if that helped anyone else, but it sure helped me! I've been looking for the answer to adding custom widgets to the bottom of my static home page for two days - and here's the answer! I just inserted this into ATO-->Style & Edit Center Column --> Content Below the Loop and it worked like a charm. Thank you!