Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Post Footer - Edit Center Column in Index.php

Old Aug 17, 2011, 02:04 PM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
Using 3.6.7

I can insert AddThis Code into index.php right above Post Footer and get the buttons to show up on each post but they also show up each excerpt as well on home page.

Anyway in 3.6.7 to add code to center content and not have it show up in excerpts?
Old Aug 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the answer is 'yes' - the next question is 'is it easy?' and the answer is 'no'

You will need to take a look at the code in function.php around line 294 to see the logic that handles excerpts. you can have a manual excerpt, a default word count excerpt, a <!-- More --> excerpt (well it is sort of an excerpt) and the test for each one is different.

So you will need to check if it is the home page, then do the tests to see if this is an excerpt and then display/not display the code you want.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 04:51 PM
Big Geek Daddy

42 posts · Nov 2009
United States
Thanks for the response. I actually figured out a work around using the AddThis Plugin and custom code.