Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Thoughts on Shopp or PrestaShop?

Old Jan 17, 2012, 09:12 AM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
Thoughts on Shopp or PrestaShop?

I recently switched my WP blog to the Atahualpa them and am so happy with it. This theme is so easy to set up compared to the one I was using. Now I want to deal with my online store. I currently use zen cart, and am looking into something different because zen cart is so hard (for me anyway) to upgrade. I want something easier, but still looks professional. I've done a lot of searching on the web, and am considering either the Shopp plugin, or Prestashop.

With Shopp, I've read negative comments, but their live demo looks so great. I think because the way I have my blog set up, if I use a wordpress plugin for eCommerce, it might be better to set up a separate blog for it, that looks like it--mainly because I already have content in my right & left sidebar, so adding shop widgets would be too much. BUT, if I do that, I want to use something that will allow me to have a widget on my actual blog that shows new products, or featured products.

Or, is there a way that I could specify on eCommerce pages, only certain sidebar widgets show, and vice versa (on my blog posts, only certain widgets show)--without having to specify each page in the css inserts?

I'd be interested in what people have to say about Shopp & Prestashop. I currently have about 300 products, some with variations. I tried out Cart66, but it didn't seem like a good fit for me due to the lack of sidebar widgets.

You can check out my blog at http://www.TraciBunkers.com/blog

Last edited by TraciBunkers; Jan 17, 2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added a question
Old Jan 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I like Ecwid
Old Jan 17, 2012, 12:35 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
Do you have a blog set up using it that I can see?

Do you know anything about my question, about an easy way to turn off some widgets on pages for the eCommerce?
Old Jan 17, 2012, 01:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Here is the shop page on one site. To hide some widget on some pages you can use the Widget Logic plugin.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:50 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks, I checked out your site, and also the Ecwid site. The max number of products for the free option is 100, which counts me out, since I already have around 300. I don't mind paying a flat fee for software to use for this, but if I went with them, I'd have to pay $17/month, which would be on top of already paying for my hosting fee. It does look like a good plug-in though.

So I'm back to thinking about Shopp or Prestashop and hope to hear from others on their experience with them.

Also, thanks for telling me about the widget logic plugin--I didn't know about that.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:40 AM
galganka

1 posts · Mar 2012
Italy
I like Cart66, is great!
See here: http://selone.com/aloe-vera-sivera. This is an example. Simple, easy and fast.

Ciao :-)