Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Putting Adsense within the body of a post.

Old Mar 24, 2011, 06:27 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
Putting Adsense within the body of a post.

I understand that if I wanted to put Adsense at the top or bottom of the posts, I could just put the Adsense code in the loop or the byline or footer.

But what if I wanted to put it in the middle of the body of a post?

I don't want to use any plugins (don't trust them for this), but I'm not sure how else to make it happen.

If I just switched to Wordpress's html tab and put the code where ever I wanted it for each individual post, would that work? It seems too easy and I never saw anyone recommend it while searching, so I assume it wouldn't work (am I right?).

And if it wouldn't, is there any other way?

Oh, and a second related question. If I put the Adsense code in the byline but didn't want it to appear on a handful of posts, is there any way to prevent it from showing up in just those posts?

As usual, thanks in advance.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
On second thought, never mind.

Random searching brought me to this (#3 on the list): http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...ss-shortcodes/

Exactly what I needed. Anyone else looking for a quick and simple way to put Adsense within the body of a post should check it out.