Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

how to add Leaderboard (728 x 90)

Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
Flynn, thanks for the effort you have dedicated to this theme...I really appreciate it.

Quick question, how can I add Leaderboard (728 x 90) adsense banner to either header or header image?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Edited: Code was no good... see below
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:00 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
Flynn,

thanks, I was wondering if there is way to add adsense between blog title and search box in header?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 04:51 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See this http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=64#comment-10721

Replace the "header image" part with the adsense code and enclose the adsense code in TD tags as described in the last step of that comment linked above
Old Jan 28, 2009, 07:22 PM
ppat2

23 posts · Dec 2008
hi i just updated to your 3.1.8 version. i can see my adsense banner now. the only problem is that it is not in the middle of my title and search box. its all the way in the corner of the page, how to i move the banner between the two? plz check the link. thanks

http://techvibe2daytestsite.techvibe...m/test1/?cat=6
Old Jan 29, 2009, 04:55 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I just checked again and the header is constructed in a way to keep all items like the logo and the RSS items etc in shape and in their place even if the layout width, the logo size, the blog title length, the amount of RSS items etc. is being changed or added/taken away.

I had not thought about that when I gave you the code above. If you still want to try you would have to bring the leaderboard inside bfa_header_config.php

between

HTML Code:
// END of Logo Icon
and

HTML Code:
// Blog title and description
i.e.

HTML Code:
// END of Logo Icon

<td id="leaderboard"> ADSENSE CODE
</td>

// Blog title and description
Then you would have to adjust the container of the Adsense code by adding CSS to Atahualpa Theme Options -> HTML / CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts, something like

HTML Code:
td#leaderboard {
text-align: center;
padding: 10px;  /* inner space */
}
But the theme is not prepared to have a banner there so don't expect this to work easily