Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Wanted to say Hi with an intro and had a question (want to switch to this th

Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:49 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Smile [SOLVED] Wanted to say Hi with an intro and had a question (want to switch to this th

Hi everyone!.... My name is harry, and recently started my own Wordpress site fastharry.com. Being an excited noob, I used the fusion theme and just kept adding material. I enjoyed Wprdpress so much I became a reseller and signed up my first customer who tried the Atahaulpa theme.( theinnerpathonline.com ) ... I like the look of the Theme, and when I saw all the ways you can change it in her dashboard, I was thinking of switching my theme to the big A.

My question is, What happens if I do with so much material on my site already?...Does it all transpose with little problem being that WP is a unified software?....Or, looking at fastharry.com so you think it will be a big issue and I should stay with Fusion....

BTW, if I transfer, I will donate. It is astounding to me the great job everyone here is doing.

Thank you. Nice meeting you!!
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Themes are independedt of content (i.e. posts) you should be able to add the Atahualpa theme to the themes folder so it is there along with the fusion theme, and switch back and forth.

A theme controls the appearance of the site.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:14 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
Hi JDad...

Thats what i thought also. Will all the drop downs with all the RC cars just transfer over as well as the pages in the right order, or will I have to go through and re organize all the content again.

I know it should, but do you think it will?..

Thanks again
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm siure you will run into some places where you will have to tweek things, that's the nature of conversions. But in the end it will be worth it. Remember, you can activate Atahualpa and then swap back to fusion any time you want, so try it...BUT

before any major change to your site, you should backup your database adn all files...just in case. And only update one thing at a time.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:56 AM
fastharryDOTcom

73 posts · Oct 2009
NJ, USA
thanks..

I know you are busy, but could I ask a favor before I switch?...Could you look at my site and give me an opinion on whether you would like the A format over the fusion?...

Thanks for all your help...and If I can ever help you with Rc cars, please let me know...

Harry
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well that's a really hard question to answer because I have no idea how you are going to configure your site. You can change your site in somany ways. Take a look at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...hlight=showing to see how others have customze their sites using Atahualpa and then you should be able to answer your question yourself.