Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Installation/Upgrade Issues »

after upgrade, all images missing

Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:12 AM
kkells

7 posts · Jan 2011
Simple question: has anyone else had a strange upgrade experience after upgrading Atahualpa? In a nutshell, my images were overwritten/erased and many (but not all) of my Atahualpa settings are messed up.

I'm completely stunned to have found that upon upgrading, all of my site's folders and files in the Atahualpa theme folder were erased and replaced with new defaults. That is, all of my header images and my logo were missing. I don't mean that they weren't displaying correctly. I mean they are *nowhere to be found* on my server!

I've spent hours trying the tips posted in other threads about upgrade problems (here, in other WP forums about upgrading Atajualpa, and on the web in general) to figure out what happened. Now I'm just trying to rebuild the entire site.

I don't know what's going on, but it's terribly disappointing. (To say the least.) As a one-person business who already has busy days, the last thing I needed today was a total theme rebuild.

I'm just dying to know if anyone else here has experienced something similar?

If so, what the heck is the most efficient way to rebuild a large site? My backup didn't work because I get errors saying the folders already exist. Hrmph.

Thanks for any info that any of you can provide.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8520
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:58 AM
kkells

7 posts · Jan 2011
Yeah. Learned *that* the hard way. Ugh.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you will note, that post was put up in 2010.

Originally wordpress would not allow a theme to use anything outside the theme folder but they have changed the rules which is why the ability to store your images in a folder outside the theme fiolder exists. Now (with the images in another folder) an automatic upgrade won't effect them.