Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] v3.7.1 sticky note "How do I create a No Sidebar page template?"answer not w

Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:00 PM
BlogKing

2 posts · Oct 2011
I created the new copy of index.php > nosidebar.php
Shows up in editor but does NOT get rid of both sidebars. Right is gone but left still there and now footer has wrapped into left sidebar area.

http://www.babyboomerwisdom.com/

I want to have no sidebars on home page and some others.

What gets me is why this is not a std feature like most other themes?
I don't want a blog centric site, pages is where it is at.
Atahualpa goes nuts on great fine control of code but something as obvious as a setting for no sidebars goes missing. I just don't get it.

What about squeeze pages? Could you make another editor template that gets rid of sidebar and menus?
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can specify what pages the sidebars show in ATO>Style & Configure Sidebars. You can use CSS to display or not display menus on certain pages.
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:40 PM
BlogKing

2 posts · Oct 2011
fixed it . found the style and configure sidebar panel