Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

colour palette feature?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:20 AM
shi

5 posts · Apr 2009
London, Canada
colour palette feature?

The problem I have with colour pickers is that if I want to use the same colour for a number of different elements, I have to make a note of what exact colour I used, and then it's tricky to get the same colour later. Also if I then want to change the colour, I have to go to every matching element and update.

I'd like to be able to define an intermediate layer, a "colour palette", which contains any number of named 'pots'. I would choose the colour contained by each pot using a regular colour picker, then when I'm specifying CSS colours for HTML elements, I'd have an option to use my palette rather than the colour picker. Of course I should be able to save/load palettes as well. I implemented something like this a few years ago by writing a css file in php, and defining/referencing variables for the values of various elements. Obviously implementation here would differ, but I'd think it should be possible..

The beauty of this system would be that if/when I change the colour of a pot, all the elements defined using that pot would be updated to the new colour.

Is this a feature you would consider adding? Or does it already exist? This would be a very compelling selling point of ThemeFrame for me. Even if you were to commit to develop this feature, it might be enough for me to jump in now..

thanks,
Shi.

Last edited by shi; Sep 7, 2010 at 05:25 AM.