Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Latest posts widget takes me to category rather than individual post

Old Aug 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
On a web site/blog I built for a friend, I've installed the "Latest Posts" widget in a sidebar. It displays the posts perfectly, but if you click on a post it takes you to all the posts that share that category rather than the individual post. Here's the link: http://deniseyamada.com/blog/

If you click on the second post down under "Recent Posts" (currently "Problems as Opportunities"), you'll see that it goes to a page with a different post, in its entirety, on top, followed by the "Problems as Opportunities" post. Shouldn't it be taking the viewer just to the individual post they clicked on? How can I make it do that?

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.1 and WordPress 3.0

Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2010, 03:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Some of the links work OK in Firefox but it seems totally broken in IE. I would try another recent posts plugin.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:31 PM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
Okay, I'll check around. Do you have any recommendations for Recent Posts plugins? I'd rather take your advice than simply toss a dart and take my chances.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 09:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You don't have to toss a dart. Just search of recent posts on wordpress.org and look for the the latest plugins with the largest number of downloads. That's how I make my initial choices for plugins but nothing beats testing as your needs are not my needs.

I just did the above and came up with the Recent Posts with Excerpts which is a widget and Recent Posts which gives you php code you put in the template. Because you want a widget you could either choose the first and use it right away or choose the second and use a widget plugin that let's you add php code to it.

As you can see there is seldom one way to accomplish what you want. You really need to experiment.