Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] TinyMCE editor removes spaces after comma character

Old May 13, 2011, 01:40 AM
rodger43

5 posts · May 2011
[SOLVED] TinyMCE editor removes spaces after comma character

I am using theme Atahualpa 3.6.7 on http://barbandrodger.com. When I create a post (or page), the resulting code removes any space character that follows a comma. You can see this effect by going to http://barbandrodger.com. You'll see it on the home page.

I went back to Atahualpa 3.6.6. Same problem.

I went back to Atahualpa 3.6.4. Same problem.

When I create a new post, or edit an old one, and then do a preview, I see the same effect. Any word that has a following comma, together with a following space, is run up to the next word with no space in between.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

Rodger
Old May 13, 2011, 01:46 AM
rodger43

5 posts · May 2011
Oh... and I also need to share that the same effect exists in the Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS, where I need to manually add a non-breaking space after any special character like a bullet or vertical line; otherwise, the next text will be presented without an intervening space -- even if a space character is present.
Old May 13, 2011, 09:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not experiencing that issue. Have you checked for plugin conflicts?

Last edited by lmilesw; May 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:15 AM
rodger43

5 posts · May 2011
Yes, I have stripped it down to bare bones and the problem persists. When I switch to any other theme the editor renders properly. I will continue to troubleshoot and I will report if I find anything.

Thank you for your reply.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:33 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When I look at your site I see some places, sometimes in the same post, where the space shows and doesn't show. Is that where you put a non-breaking space to compensate?
Old May 13, 2011, 08:19 PM
rodger43

5 posts · May 2011
Yes, I added a few non-breaking spaces here and there. But here is big news:

I created a new different site from scratch (RodgerAndBarb.com) using WP 3.1.2. Then I installed atahualpa367.zip using the upload method. Without making any other changes, I noticed that all instances where a comma occurred, there was no space following the comma. Even the default date stamp on posts showed May 14th,2011 rather than May 14, 2011. So....

I restored my test site back to the default theme and then deleted atahualpa 3.6.7. Then I installed atahualph by using the search method, which yielded 3.6.4. Suddenly, everything worked as expected.

Along the way I found that the comma problem exists in 3.6.6 as well.

After returning BarbAndRodger.com to atahualpa 3.6.4, I found that I needed to go into each page and post and manually insert a space after each comma and then repost. A pain, but fortunately I hadn't completed many pages there yet so it really wasn't so bad.

I will just stick with 3.6.4 for the time being. If a new atahualpa version appears, I'll give it a try it on a test site.

-Rodger-