Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Changing space between header and body

Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:48 PM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
I've just installed Atahualpa for the first time and I love it. After modifying it for a couple hours, I'm stumped when it comes to changing the space between the header and the elements below it.

Here's a sample image:
http://animatusstudio.com/test/image...equestion1.gif

The design I'm trying to achieve requires the sidebars and page boxes to touch each other, bringing the body up to meet the header.

Any ideas?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 08:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You are probably running into a padding setting - check your settings at ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS - down the bottom. Better yet, since you are starting out, change the background color of each sidebar and the center column so you can see where they matchup. Add 'background: #E2E2E2;' to each of the 'xxxx Sidebar Style' areas and to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center Column Style - make each a different color so you can see where area it takes p.

Another thing to remember, once you put in a couple posts and go to a single post page, there will be a prior/next post navagation area at the top of the center column (unless you decide to put it at the bottom only - see the options in 'Next/Previous Navigation') so things may not line up just the way you want. Have fun!
Old Sep 22, 2009, 09:10 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks -- good idea about changing the sidebar colors temporarily. I was a step ahead with the previous and next links (I already moved them to the bottom yesterday).

http://animatusstudio.com/test/

So now the trick is to find the right padding. I have all my top sidebar paddings set to zero.

I've looked in the heading area, but I don't see it there.

Maybe there isn't an easy fix? Do I have to crack into the php files themselves?
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
style the sidebar to affect the entire sidebar (the container)
Style widgets to affect the widgets in the sidebar

So you can move the widgets down or the sidbar

no php editing needed
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:47 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks, but I'm trying to move the sidebars UP, not down. All the style settings I've tried under Style and Configure Sidebars are interior padding.

Still trying to eliminate that horizontal orange space between the header and everything else. I would suspect it's a lower pad on the header, but I didn't see an option for that in the header area.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can play width negative values

The orange area is the result of having an image that is 160px in hight, but deining the header area to be 180px in height
Old Sep 22, 2009, 10:58 AM
sky captain

61 posts · Sep 2009
Wow, I just figured it out. My fault entirely!

I had assigned the header to be a height of 180, but the sample images were only 150. Hence the 30 extra pixels!

Thanks for all the help.