Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

How to upgrade from 3.4.4 to 3.4.9 using WP Auto Upgrade without Losing Customization

Old Jun 6, 2010, 07:42 AM
dpnstl

6 posts · Jun 2010
I have 3.4.4 and love it! Through WP I see I can automatically upgrade to 3.4.9 but when I do so it says if I proceed I will lose all my customization....I have spent a ton of time customizing everything in the theme and don't want to lose it...Is there a way to upgrade and keep everything I have customized?
Thanks!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 09:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I recommend doing the upgrade manually for two reasons
1) you can have both versions of the theme in the theme folder and switch back and forth.
2) I've seen too many posts where the Wordpress automatic upgrade seems to have a problem and things don't work after the upgrade.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 01:22 PM
dpnstl

6 posts · Jun 2010
Thanks for the reply...I can certainly download the new version but then how would I get all my settings, customization, etc from 3.4.4 version into the new 3.4.9 version? I realize the newer version allows you to import and export settings but I don't believe the old one does so not sure what to do here...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 03:48 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
any customizations you do via the theme options are stored in teh WordPress database in teh wp-options table. The only thing you might loose are any CODE changes you made to teh php modules that make up the theme.

The only other thing you need to do is make copies of any images you added to the atahualpa/images or atahualpa/images/header folders. Those images need to be copied to the new versions folder and if you referenced them directly in the theme options, you will need to change the reference. For example, if you used a background image and specified
url{./wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/xxx.jpg)
you would have to change 'atahualpa' to 'atahualpa351'