Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Title looks weird with Yoast Wordpress SEO

Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:07 AM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Hi, I've installed the Yoast Wordpress SEO plugin on my blog and now my titles look weird. For example, on the main page the title now looks like this: Sarapen >> Sarapen. If I go into a post it looks like this: Post Title >> SarapenSarapen. I think it does something with titles for SEO, but when I go to the Options page I see that all of the Title options are still blank.

How do I fix this? Should I just uninstall the plugin? It has a bunch of pretty handy stuff so I'm wary of doing it. For now, I have it deactivated.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:09 AM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Oops, pretend the arrows are going in the other direction. So it actually looks like this:

Sarapen << Sarapen
Post Title << SarapenSarapen
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:59 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I don't see that on Firefox or IE
Old Dec 22, 2010, 08:11 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Sorry, I deactivated the plugin. I've reactivated it and I can see the messed up title in Firefox.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 06:06 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by knife
Sorry, I deactivated the plugin. I've reactivated it and I can see the messed up title in Firefox.
I can't duplicate this issue. Do you have the latest version (0.2.1)?

I happen to like this plugin but as pransyt suggested you could try another to see how it works for you. Make sure and have just have one activated at a time.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
Yup, everything is set to the latest version, Wordpress, Atahualpa, and the SEO plugin. I guess I'll try that All in One SEO pack.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:23 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
I looked into it some more and someone instructs you to do this:

Quote:
Be aware that for WordPress SEO to be able to modify your page titles, the title section of your header.php file should look like this:

<title><?php wp_title(''); ?></title>

If you can't modify or don't know how to modify your template, check the box below. Be aware that changing your template will be faster.

Force rewrite titles
I tried looking but couldn't find what I was supposed to modify in the header.php file, so I checked the "Force rewrite titles" box. The title thing is kind of fixed now except the title for my front page is "Sarapen -" with a hyphen. Plus I prefer the << arrows, but instead it uses the hyphen too so that titles in posts and pages look like this: Post Title - Sarapen. Any clues on replacing the hyphen and removing it from the front page title?
Old Dec 23, 2010, 03:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Make sure you have ATO->Configure SEO->Use Bytes For All SEO options? set to 'NO'
that will cause the code to use
HTML Code:
<title><?php wp_title('&laquo;', true, 'right'); ?><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></title>
to build the title otherwise it uses the blog name or the page name or post name (if a single page)
Old Dec 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
I've never touched that menu so it's already set to the default 'NO' option.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 07:05 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just found out that the WordPress SEO conflicts with Kimily Flash embed plugin and gave me the same symptoms. I switched to another flash embedding plugin and all is good. I like the new flash embed plugin better too. If you don't have Kimily Flash embed installed you probably have another plugin conflicting with Yoast's plugin.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 03:38 PM
knife

11 posts · Dec 2010
I don't have that plugin installed so I guess it's something else. I think I'll stick with the slightly odd-looking title until the plugin author issues an update, apparently his users talk about it on his forum so it should be on his radar.