Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Multipost pages not affected by changes in Edit Post/Page Info Items

Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:18 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
I am unable to have a kicker or footer on multipost pages regardless of what code I put in these respective areas in ATO > Edit Post/Page Info Items. The byline shows on multipost pages but it is only the author and date, even though I've tried to add other tags. When I remove the byline code completely, the "default" byline remains.

It is as if something has control of the multipost page settings and it's not me! I've deactived all plugins, I've checked HTML/CSS inserts and only the default <H> settings are there.

The site opens to a page (Home) that uses the theme; in order to have the blog posts not display on the front page, I have a page (Blog) and have Settings > Reading set to:

Front page: Home
Posts page: Blog

When I have changed this setting to show "Your latest posts" the problem persists.

This is Atahualpa 3.6.4 on WordPress 3.1.1

The site: http://seededearth.com

What is controlling the kicker, footer and byline on multipost pages? (They work correctly on Single Post Pages.)

I appreciate your help.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 04:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You may need to put the code for what you want to show in the Byline on home box. Your blog "home" is now the page called blog and if you set to latest posts you would also need to to adjust he byline on home box.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 05:35 PM
pvelte

38 posts · Apr 2010
Perfect! Thank you -- I put the code in the Home section rather than multipost page and it is now working exactly as I need.