Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

How not to append the profile URL to the username in comments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:07 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
How not to append the profile URL to the username in comments

I have a bit of a conundrum. In my profile I have added my Google authorship URL so I can set the Atahualpa to automatically add authorship to every piece of content I create.

But that started adding it to my comments as well.

I had a temporary fix for a while (essentially placing my authorship in the Atahualpa settings), but I am now looking to have guest authors on my site and would like to give them the capability to have their authorship featured as well.

Which means that I need to source the URL from their profile, but i need to do it without it showing up in the comments. As it is right now, no matter who posts, my name and my authorship shows up (since I had to hard-code it in the byline window)

How can I prevent all user's names from becoming a link in the comments area only, without rendering Atahualpa un-updateable (I don't want to start messing with the php)

Last edited by flyboy; Feb 16, 2014 at 12:13 PM.