Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Font Style in Widgets appearing correctly in IE9 but not correct in Firefox

Old Mar 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
CatalystCooks

11 posts · Feb 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via Skype™ to CatalystCooks
The Titles of my Widgets are appearing in IE9 correctly (gasp!!) and not appearing in Firefox correctly- they are italicized when they shouldn't be, and only for 3 of my five widgets (double gasp!!!)
http://69.89.31.130/~catalyu8/

I've been trying to troubleshoot this from three angles:

1. Widget styling (ATA- Style Widgets - Widget title) which currently looks like this:
Quote:
font-size: 1.5em !important;
color: #fff200;
font-family: "OpenSansRegular" !important;
text-align: center;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal !important;
I can't find any problems with this, added the !important and it still doesn't take...

2. The font I am using - I am using a font kit from FontSquirrel (Opensans)
Not seeing any issues there

3. The Widgets themselves
for example, I was using the default Tag Widget provided by wordpress, figured wordpress widget might be the issue so I replaced it with a plugin widget (CTC), which DISPROVED my theory that the styling issue was due to using the default wordpress widget. Two of my text widgets appear just perfectly, and the remaining 3 have unintended italicized titles.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your titles are surrounded with <em>...</em> which is an italic style.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
CatalystCooks

11 posts · Feb 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via Skype™ to CatalystCooks
Thanks Juggledad (I'm learning more about HTML, feel pretty good about CSS now). I tested the fix by editing in Firebug and it works! Now, the question is... how do I get to the source file where I can really fix it. Looked thru my folders on my host File Manager and can't find the logical place where they are, so I can change it in the file itself (I don't think I can get to the Wordpress CSS any other way, and my ATA settings don't seem to be driving this)???
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well it looks like you are using a widget from a plugin so you will have to look at the plugin's code